A couple of reasons we love cork:
- Luxurious texture: Soft and supple, velvety or smooth, depending on the pattern.
- It’s unique: Cork leather can be made in an almost unlimited variety of patterns and colors.
- It’s water resistant: Water beads up and rolls off. Easy clean up with mild soap and water.
- It’s durable, fade resistant and lightweight.
- It’s versatile: It can be used anywhere you might use leather, plus applications where leather would never work – (like an umbrella)
- It’s sustainable. Cork oaks are not damaged or cut down to harvest cork. Trees have a typical life span of over 200 years.
- Cork oak forests support biodiversity. 25,000 species are supported, including endangered birds, plants and wildcats.
- It’s vegan.
- It’s hypoallergenic. A substance in the cork bark called Suberin prevents the cork from absorbing water, dust, dirt, mold and mildew.
We get a lot of customers and stores asking about how our cork cuffs are actually made.
We pair a cork veneer with high-quality nubuck leather and sew them together. All materials are proudly made in the USA.
Any other questions regarding our cork lines? Post them below please.